I'm BAAAACK!!!

Where did the time go?

Ten years flies by. Lots has happened. I'm a different person, you could say. And I sure hope so, at 50 years old. Some days I rock that shit. Other days? Not so much. Ha!  

So, blogging. I'm jumping back in. Head first and eyes wide open...mostly to share my many passions with as many people who wish to indulge me. lol... But also, as a more curious participant than a bystander. I've been a bystander for too long. Over the last several years, I decided to be more present-to DO more, SEE more-and just soak it all in.

Don't worry. It's not that serious. :) I'll be here to share my quirky views on life, music, traveling for said music, dating @ 50, funny observations and memes (sometimes inappropriate so consider yourself warned)! I'll share some delicious food recipes, share my hobbies (paper crafting and making costume jewelry) and lots and lots of music.  AH! Music...so. much. MUSIC! It's pretty much my main hobby. I try my best to catch as many live shows as I can and listen to pretty much everything. Except shitty music. More on that some other time. I feel like a song can make or break your whole mood. Sometimes, you can't predict it but you just roll with it. I don't know about you but I wake up with a song in my head every morning. Ear-worms. Damn them when it's a shitty tune! lol...it happens and way too often. Randomly, too. Like "Muskrat Love" random (don't judge me!). Thank goodness for technology-I have probably a hundred playlists to remedy those nasty varmints. And about a thousand "favorite" songs. Yes. I'm one of those people who hears an awesome song on the radio and says, "oooh, this is one of my favorite songs!" Did you know you can have, literally, hundreds of favorite songs? You didn't?...well, it's true and you heard it here first. Don't let any Debbie Downer's tell you otherwise. 

Long story short--I'm living my BEST LIFE now. It feels really good to be back among the living. And I would love to share these experiences with you. 



Excuse the sweaty upper lip. It was hot AF @ the Willie Nelson show but you get the idea.

In honor of this lifestyle I'm loving, and to get things started, I'm sharing the playlist that really captures the essence of the indie rock festival road trip, which, before COVID-19, was what I enjoyed doing the most. Both friends and memories were made every year. These songs...almost every one of them takes me to a memory: where I was when I first heard it on the radio, what I was "going through" in life at that particular time or when I was lucky enough to see that song performed live. Do you have any festival road trip songs that help you get pumped for the show? I'd love to hear them. Maybe even add them to a future playlist? Let me know what you think! 



My playlists will be posted on the right side of my blog so you won't have to scroll through my posts to find them. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

-Glo











Comments

Popular Posts