Here we GO!!!

Damn you, 'Rona!!!

In a normal year, I travel for music. I go to music festivals as often as time and money permits. I have for the last 10 years. My motto is "have music, will travel". Unfortunately, 'Rona had its' own agenda this year. When COVID-19 broke out, like everyone else, I thought it'd be under control by the time festival season came calling. Alas, it was not to be. And it doesn't look like festival season, the season that I'd come to know and love, will ever be the same. While concerts and live shows evolve into something very different for now (online concerts, both live and recorded, have been pretty amazing, not gonna lie), I do anticipate that they will be back some time in the future and be better than ever. Until my festivals were cancelled, the last one just a few weeks ago, I still had every intention of going...Corona be damned! I need live music. I crave it. The total immersion into the scene, creating friendships with like-minded fans, sing-alongs, enjoying some of my favorite music...I was GOING. I told everyone who asked if I was afraid, what with 'Rona on the rage, that anyone who's ever attended Bonnaroo, like myself in 2010, must certainly be immune and able to survive just about anything (I still have flashbacks of those port-a-potties). 

So! Here I am. And here's the plan. 


 
Isn't she gorgeous?!!! That's rhetorical. Of course she is! My sister, Anna, took a major step in following her dream of starting her own online business. 


I'm so proud of her and I'm honored that she's asked me to contribute a weekly blog, sharing the adventures and perspectives of a 50+ woman who loves music, travel and dabbling in various hobbies. I will also be inviting my festival pals to guest blog occasionally to turn me, and YOU, on to whatever they're listening to. I'll be sharing some of my favorite tunes with you. Each week (that's the plan, but you know...10 years and everything...), I'll share a playlist based on a theme or mood. Anything goes! And I invite YOU to contribute. I'm very open to suggestions as long as the music isn't shitty--please! Life's too short for shitty music. Ha! I know, I know... it's all about perspective. But I know a shitty song when I hear it. Feel free to share your ideas for a playlist and if it doesn't make it on to one of the lists I publish here, then maybe you ought to rethink your taste in music. Ha! Kidding...kinda. 

I'll be sharing my vinyl collection with you, which is a newer hobby of mine. I'll be sharing links to the "live" shows I'm watching during lockdown and dropping knowledge about anything and everything music. I would love to hear what you're listening to during this super strange universe we're all living in right now. What's normal, anyway? I think it's all subjective. 



AGCollectives will feature a specialty cocktail of the week which, HELLO!!! I don't know about you but I don't mind drinking alone during a pandemic. Why not make some delicious alcoholic beverages while you listen to my playlists and ponder your existence???? Ha! Kidding....kinda.

I've created this Spotify playlist with a dinner party in mind. Whether it's a party where you're the only one to attend (PERFECTLY FINE TO DO!), why not make one of those badass cocktails featured on AGCollectives??? Still following???? Yes, honey...you. Let's make this playlist super chill so you can have a conversation at the table (with yourself or with your significant other-whatevs...'cause, 'Rona). So you're holed up with your honey and he's hungry? Tell him to chill and help you in the kitchen!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6OUb8JH6O7aZSsVg51F5y4?si=p45gXy7dTbectrXP9FNW0g

And if you don't do Spotify, I gotchu. Here's a link to my YouTube with the same songs.


I've just started creating playlists on the YouTube platform. Normally, I do Napster (yes, that Napster, which is TOTALLY legal now-they bought out Rhapsody a couple of years ago). 

Anyway, I'm rambling. Enjoy!

-Glo



Comments

Popular Posts