Happy New Year and all that crap!

Welcome, 2008! I have to say that I'm glad to be done with 2007. Not the best of years in my book. So, 2008 has to be better, right? RIGHT! I'm starting off with a couple of goals that I want to achieve this year. Hate calling them resolutions-'cause it seems that when you call them that, they never work. But this time is going to be different. My 20 year high school reunion is this fall so I've gotta lose weight. I remember thinking how fat I was as a senior in high school. Uh, HELLO?!! I weighed 125 lbs. and was in a size 9 (junk in the trunk). Stupid peer pressure. Fast forward to now...and double that pant size. Seriously. I need to lose weight real badly, like NOW. I've always struggled with my weight, and these past few years have been the toughest. I've fallen off the WW (Weight Watchers) wagon a few times. When my dad got sick last April, I stopped going to meetings. I stopped counting points. I would skip meals. And when I did eat, I'd overeat. I wasn't in a good place, mentally or spiritually. I pretty much gave up on trying to do anything that was healthy for me. So I've gradually gained back almost all of the weight I'd lost on WW. I say almost because I'm still 18 pounds lighter than I was when I first started WW. That is my first goal this year. To lose weight, and to keep it off for good.

My second goal is to scrap more. I love it so much and it always makes me proud when I see the finished product. It's very relaxing to me, when I'm not being my worst critic, that is. And I always get sidetracked by that damn t.v., I know this. It's so addictive. I'm going to have to cut back in the t.v. department to make the scrapping goal a reality. I just have to figure out which shoes are getting the figurative axe this year.

Thirdly, I want to be more consistent with this blog. It truly is therapeutic. It's been a big step for me to even do something like this. I'm usually a very private person. But I decided to do it so that I could share more of myself with those who know me, or want to know more about me, so to speak. I'll try to keep it as real as possible, folks.

'Cause that's how I roll. For all those who made resolutions, promises and goals, too: GOOD LUCK! I feel your pain. I know your struggles. Take care of YOU because no one else will. Peace out and have a wonderful and happy new year!

Comments

Shannon said…
You go girl...I will be right there with you on the weight and scrapping thing...we will do this...I have a cruise this August so my goal is 50 lbs....

Popular Posts