Long time no blog....

Hello out there! It's me...Glo...remember me? Well, I went on hiatus for a brief period of time. In other words, I just got lazy. This bloggin' thing is not going as originally planned. I had hoped to keep my friends and loved ones abreast of the current goings-on in my life, but since there hasn't been alot going on...well, let's just say, I have a very boring life. I work, I cook, I clean (occasionally) sleep (a little)-then I get up the next day and do it all over again. However, I am caught up on all past episodes of Intervention, Nip/Tuck and Grey's Anatomy. And I must've seen every freakin' Dora the Explorer ever made, courtesy of my Dora obsessed son Andrew. He likes Latinas, what can I say? He takes after his daddy :) Seriously, since it's still football season, I try to watch as many games as possible. After January, and the Pro Bowl, I go into a mild depressive state. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE football? I think so. So you can expect to hear more from me around mid January.

Anyhoo, I did manage to scrap a little in between football games and must-see tv. Here's a mini album I made for my dear friend Josiane's birthday in July. I asked for it back so that I could scan and/or take pics because I made it and mailed it in such a rush. She loved it, BTW. And now for your viewing pleasure:



I also tried out for a guest design team spot on a web based scrapbook site last month with my Rock Concert ticket stub album (see 10/17/07 post). Alas, I wasn't picked. I got a little bummed but it's not really a big deal in the whole scheme of things. Don't get me wrong, it would've been a great opportunity and I'd love the chance to do something like that, but I'm determined not to let it get me down. If it's meant to be, I'll get my chance eventually. I just have to keep on keeping on, as Gladys Knight and the Pips would say.

And on the subject of music (how 'bout that segue??!) did I mention that I'm also a music trivia buff? Well, sorta. I know a little about music. Whenever I go out w/friends or family to a bar or restaurant with loud music, we play a game called "who sings that?!" Whomever guesses right first...well, there really is no reward for guessing the most songs correctly, but it's FUN! Fun because I usually win, but my sisters are great competition. It's great. We like all types of music, and since I grew up in a very musically inclined household, I'm familiar with lots of songs/bands. I can sometimes impress my boss, who is a walking database of musical knowledge. Seriously, I've never met anyone who knows as much unnecessary and useless trivia as that man. And he's DAMN proud of it. He's sort of like Rain Man, but he really is a genius. Don't tell him I said that...

Okay, it's pretty late so I'm off to bed. I'm going to have lunch with my granny and a couple of my aunts & uncles tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. Nice chattin' with ya'll again. I'll try to do better with the blog. It's kind of therapeutic in a way. I've got a CUTE mini album to share with ya'll that I made for my Secret Santa but I've gotta wait until she emails me to confirm that she got it. Later, and peace out.

Comments

Popular Posts