Let's talk Scrap

My most favorite thing to do besides watching football and reality tv (it's an illness, really) is scrapbooking and paper crafting. I got into scrapbooking in 1997 when a co-worker invited me to a Creative Memories party. After that party, it was over: I was hooked. I should have bought stock! This one is a throwback from 1997, hard core CM style.

I've evolved, thank goodness! You be the judge:

It changed, in part, to the incredible selection of products available out there today, and all those classes I've taken to learn everything I can soak up about this hobby. Cardstock, die cuts and stickers were the only thing out there in the beginning, so those coming into paper crafting lately are extremely lucky! I like to occasionally look at my old scrapbooks, and between cringing and fighting the urge to rip out every page and start over, I remind myself of how much my tastes and techniques have changed. I used to try to get every single picture down on a 2 page LO and would never dream of not matting every stinkin' photo. AND! I used ALOT of stickers! LOL You old school scrappers know what I'm talking about! There are so many more resources available today that weren't there in the '90s, magazines, idea books, and online galleries and blogs that inspire me to do better all the time. There just aren't enough hours in the day!

Anyways, feel free to browse my gallery at http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/, specifically, http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/userprofile.asp?user_id=148399. I have only recently (like within the last year or so) started feeling like my "work" was good enough to share. "Good enough"? Crazy talk, I tell 'ya! But there are so many talented women doing this for a living and whose work I admire so much, it's very easy to begin to have feelings of inadequacy. Oh, for cryin' out loud: IT'S SCRAPBOOKING, FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!!!!! Ha ha!!! So, I keep chuggin' along, and doing the best that I can. And that's good enough. I would like to make a design team or two, though, and maybe design my own line of papers, stickers and stamps! :)

Scrapbooking has grown into an obsession with me. I stay up very late most nights either working on several unfinished LOs or rearranging supplies. I still mostly shop instead of scrap, but I'm working on that! I have a very sweet and tolerant husband who understands that this is something I am compelled to do, as he is his family's unofficial photographer (and a very good one at that!) and that I enjoy it SO much. I scrapbook with an amazing group of women on a regular basis (though not as often as I would like :) and have developed really tight friendships with a few of them. They're very supportive and encouraging, offering advice and insight when I need it. That, too, has made this so worthwhile.

Feel free to click on the links posted on the side. They are just a few of the talented ladies who inspire me to do better when I craft. Thanks ya'll and peace out for now!

Comments

Popular Posts