Finally getting on the Blog Bandwagon

Whew! I finally did it. Many of my friends have done it, and since I'm more of a follower than a leader (so I've been told-and to those who told me: SCREW YOU), I took the plunge and got me a little 'ol blog!

I've decided to start blogging for many reasons. Mom, you'd be proud. I have 5 sisters and 1 brother and we don't get together just all of us at the same time anymore. For me, this would be a great way to keep in touch with everyone, to share memories and pics. And there are lots of those. Another reason I decided to do this is because my dad just passed away in May, and I realized that I know very little about him, about his life, about his childhood. I feel a void from the lack of not knowing, for the sake of my son as well. I want to be able to leave something for my family to share with their families, and so on. I also want a place to talk about Mom without her knowing-sneaky, huh? (She doesn't have internet access and refuses to learn how to use it!)

I've always said my life is like an open book. It's true and I'm not an eloquent writer by any means. I tell it like it is, plain and simple. Someone once told me that she didn't know how I got away with saying some of the things I said and be able to say them in a way that wouldn't get me fired or make a person cry. In all honesty, I don't do it on purpose. My filter needs a tune up. My mom always told me "If you can't say anything nice, not to say anything at all and I try to remember those words, and be good, and just walk away, but it is SOOO hard!

Will post more tomorrow. Peace out for now....

Comments

Popular Posts